Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summers gone by





Last weekend I went to Stinson Beach to photograph the paddle board competition. I had not been to Stinson in years. So many years that I can't even remember the last time I was there. To be 21 again, a cocktail waitress by night and a beach bum by day. Golden tan, blond and not a care in the world. Ah the good old days. I would pack my Mexican beach bag with a towel, Hawaiian Tropic suntan oil and the latest Danielle Steele romance novel. Bob Marley in my dash and off I went. A day of solitude, the sound of the waves, seagulls and random tourist. I was lost in romance and drunk with sunshine. To this day when I am the most stressed out or can't sleep, I imagine myself on the beach in the oh so warm sun and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.
"Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right", Bob singing in the background. Yes, I felt a little sentimental and nostalgic last weekend. It made me remember that life goes by way to quickly and my memories of summers gone by are sweet, but it is time to make some new memories. My beach necessities haven't changed much, I am sure I can scrounge up my Mexican beach bag, towel, sunscreen instead of suntan oil and a good vampire novel instead a sappy unrealistic romance novel. It's time to put the 9-5 grind behind and drink up the sun. See ya at the beach.

No comments: